With the WCS Europe Premiere League wrapping up this weekend, it’s time to start looking ahead to Season 3 of WCS! You can compete in the final season of WCS Europe 2014 by signing up for one of four qualifier cups for the Challenger matches, which will all take place on the European server.
A total of 16 players will advance to the Challenger matches from these four qualifiers, and as well as making a breakthrough in their StarCraft II career will also be guaranteed a minimum of US$600 and 50 WCS points. However, in order to do so they will have to navigate their way through one of these best-of-three single-elimination qualifiers, each with a maximum player pool of 512.
The first three qualifiers will be restricted to players from the European, Middle Eastern and African regions, and will take place on the 10th, 11th and 14th of July. The top four players from each of these qualifiers will claim their place in the Challenger matches, where they will vie for the all-important spots in Premiere League.
- July 10th, 17:00 CEST: Qualifier #1 (sign up here)
- July 11th, 17:00 CEST: Qualifier #2 (sign up here)
- July 14th, 17:00 CEST: Qualifier #3 (sign up here)
The ladder wildcard qualifier will take place in the same format as the other three cups, although it will not be region-locked. Pigbaby, who is currently competing in WCS America, worked himself up from the ladder wildcard qualifier all the way to Premiere League RO8, proving just how far you can go from these qualifiers. The top four players will advance from this qualifier.
- July 15th, 17:00 CEST: Ladder Wildcard qualifier (sign up here).
In order to play in the qualifiers for the Challenger matches, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 16 years of age
- You must be at least Master League on the European server
- You must be a citizen of a European, Middle Eastern or African state, or possess a working visa for one (not applicable for wildcard qualifier)
- You must not be competing in WCS America or WCS Europe Premier League
- You must not have attempted to qualify for WCS Korea Code B
- You must not sign up and play on a barcode account
- You must have at least 200 wins on the European server in either 2014 Season 2 or Season 3 (only applicable for wildcard qualifier)
The maps for the third season of WCS Europe 2014 are as follows:
- Foxtrot Labs LE
- Catallena LE
- Nimbus LE
- King Sejong Station LE
- Overgrowth LE
- Merry Go Round LE
- Deadwing LE
Check in starts – and signup closes – one hour before the start of each qualifier (16:00 CEST). To learn more about the 2014 WCS competition, visit starcraft2.com/wcs.