The second season of WCS Europe Challenger is about to start! Kicking off with the first matches on April 29th at 18:00 CEST, a total of 32 players will face off over four days to try and secure themselves a spot in the upcoming Premier League. Everything is on the line in these matches as only the winner of each will qualify – the losers will have to try again next season.
There’s new faces in this season of the WCS Europe, but also old ones returning: Stephano will be trying to qualify for the Premier League after having retired back at the end of 2013 Season 1 (you should also check out what Kaelaris had to say about Stephano and First). Along with world-class players such as First and YoDa (both players who have previously come out of Intel Extreme Masters tournaments victoriously), we are sure to see incredible matches throughout the four days of the WCS Europe Challenger matches.
Will the newcomers be able to defeat the old horses and qualify for the Premier League or will the veterans among these 32 Challenger players prevail?
The full list of matches and their respective times can be found below.
WCS Europe Season 2 Challenger Matches
Challenger Matches Day 1, April 29th
- 18:00 CEST: Dmitry “Happy” Kostin vs. Julian “Lamboking” Brosig
- 19:30 CEST: Ji Soo “ForGG“ Park vs. Mathieu “MiNiMaTh“ Perrus
- 21:00 CEST: Samuli “elfi“ Sihvonen vs. Kevin “Harstem” de Koning
- 22:30 CEST: Min Soo “Genius“ Jeong vs. Kristijonas “Krr“ Barisas
Challenger Matches Day 2, April 30th
- 18:00 CEST: Artem “sLivko“ Garavtsov vs. Myeong Hwan “Golden” Jo
- 19:30 CEST: Dennis “HasuObs“ Schneider vs. Marc “uThermal“ Schlappi
- 21:00 CEST: Sébastien “FireCake“ Lebbe vs. Artem “Verdi“ Avramenko
- 22:30 CEST: Aleksandr “Bly“ Svusuyk vs. Grzegorz “MaNa“ Komincz
Challenger Matches Day 3, May 1st
- 18:00 CEST: Viktor “Miniraser“ Malmberg vs. Byung Hyun “YoDa“ Choi
- 19:30 CEST: Matic “Starbuck“ Dejak vs. Illyes “Stephano“ Satouri
- 21:00 CEST: Mihaylo “Kas“ Hayda vs. Ji Hyun “Patience“ Jo
- 22:30 CEST: David “Lilbow“ Moschetto vs. Benjamin “DeMusliM“ Baker
Challenger Matches Day 4, May 2nd
- 18:00 CEST: Kristoffer “TargA“ Marthinsen vs. Yoan “ToD“ Merlo
- 19:30 CEST: Tobias “ShoWTimE“ Sieber vs. Hyun Woo “First“ Kang
- 21:00 CEST: Andrey “LiveZerg“ Guldyashov vs. Stefan “MorroW“ Andersson
- 22:30 CEST: Silviu “NightEnD“ Lazar vs. Lukasz “Tefel“ Czarnecki
Tune in to find out who makes the cut for Premier League, and who is going to need better luck next time! To stay up to date with the
WCS 2014 Season 2 matches and find streams in your language visit starcraft2.com/wcs.