The final day of League of Legends competition at Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016 proved itself to be fast and furious. With the Season 10 League of Legends Intel Extreme Masters World Champion now decided, congratulations are definitely in order!
The first semifinal saw SK Telecom T1 make quick work of Team SoloMid, taking the series 2-0 and in just under 30 and 25 minutes respectively. Fnatic were also keen to underline their determination in semifinal two, giving Royal Never Give Up little breathing room – especially in game one – and ultimately earning their grand final spot 2-1. However, in the end it was SK Telecom T1 who took the grand final win, with Fnatic conceding in game three to give them a 3-0 final scoreline.
Semifinal one: SK Telecom T1 vs. Team SoloMid
- Game 1: SK Telecom T1 (29:26 minutes)
- Game 2: SK Telecom T1 (25:00 minutes)
Semifinal two: Royal Never Give Up vs. Fnatic
- Game 1: Fnatic (23:24 minutes)
- Game 2: Royal Never Give Up (33:28 minutes)
- Game 3: Fnatic (35:21 minutes)
SK Telecom T1 vs. Fnatic
- Game 1: SK Telecom T1 (36:52 minutes)
- Game 2: SK Telecom T1 (38:41 minutes)
- Game 3: SK Telecom T1 (22:01 minutes)
Congratulations SK Telecom T1!
Congratulations to 2016 League of Legends Intel Extreme Masters World Champion SK Telecom T1, who will be walking away with the lion’s share of the tournament’s US$100,000 prize pool as well as the iconic IEM trophy – make sure to check out the ESL YouTube channel for all the VODs if you want to relive any of the action!
You can also check out our recaps of day one and two below:
- League of Legends kicks off in Katowice with Group A of the Intel Extreme Masters World Championship
- Tough fights and turnarounds in Group B of the League of Legends Intel Extreme Masters World Championship
For more information about Intel Extreme Masters, visit the official website as well as follow IEM on Facebook and Twitter. For all the latest League of Legends news, be sure to keep an eye on the ESL LoL Facebook and Twitter accounts!