ESL is pleased to announce that Scuf Gaming, well-known manufacturer of custom pro gaming controllers, has signed on as an official sponsor this year.
This new partnership means that we will be holding a number of exciting cups and tournaments in cooperation with Scuf Gaming in 2015, with everything from controllers, vouchers and cold harsh cash on the line for those gamers who want to take part and try and come out on top.
Competitions we will be running thanks to the sponsorship of Scuf Gaming include:
- North American ESL Go4CoD:AW on PS4 (Sundays at 14:00 EST)
- North American ESL Go4CoD:AW on Xbox One (Sundays at 14:00 EST)
- European ESL Go4CoD:AW on PS4 (Sundays at 14:00 CET)
- European ESL Go4CoD:AW on Xbox One (Sundays at 14:00 CET)
- European ESL Go4FIFA on PS4 (Sundays at 13:00 CET)
- European ESL Go4FIFA on Xbox One (Sundays at 13:00 CET)
- European ESL Go4FIFA on PC (Sundays at 13:00 CET)
The Go4 tournament series is ESL’s premier grassroots initiative where team and players of all skill levels can come together and compete on a weekly basis. Entry is free and there’s always a cash prize up for grabs, with almost all esports titles having their own Go4 cups.
The ESL Go4s have been the proving grounds for players from a variety of different communities since their inception: 97% of European LCS players cut their teeth in Go4LoL, while players such as StarCraft II’s Stephano have reported that the regular competition has really helped them to hone their skills. Pro players still sometimes return to Go4 cups to this day in order to play in a more relaxed setting or try out new tactics, meaning you legitimately get the chance to mess with best.
It wouldn’t be a proper competition without prizes, and ESL and Scuf Gaming having got you covered there, too.
Up for grabs in the above games over the course of the year will be:
- €7,000 for Go4 Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare Europe
- US$7,000 for Go4 Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare North America
- €11,250 for Go4 FIFA 15 Europe
- €2,000 for Halo: The Master Chief Collection Major League Europe
- More than €5,000 in prizes via our ESL Xbox One App cups
David Hiltscher, VP of gaming communities at ESL, said of the new partnership:
“The cultivation of grassroots esports communities is very important to ESL, and as such we are incredibly happy to have the chance to offer even more tournaments to ambitious up-and-coming players in a variety of games in cooperating with Scuf Gaming.”
Everything will be kicking off from the 1st of February, so stayed tuned to find out when you can get stuck in!